Monday, September 8, 2008

Back to the grind.

Well, Day One of back to working full-time went off without a hitch.  Even with Mr. Mine out of town, I was able to get both girls out (happy! smiling!) of the house and to school by 6:50 a.m. and my ass was in the office by 7:30 a.m. sharp.  I only cried a little on my drive in.  :(

The girls will be happy as clams at daycare.  The place they go is truly wonderful.  R has not so much as sniffled when I dropped her off in the over a year she has been attending.  

My responsibilities have been shuffled around and I am now the executive assistant to six people.  Two of these people are from my previous team which I have worked with for the past five years.  At first I was upset that my two primary executives (Boss #1 and Boss #2) gave me away to other team members and KEPT MY MATERNITY LEAVE TEMP as their new assistant. (Full disclosure:  She is eight years younger than I, looks like Jamie Lynn Spears's twin AND she is the roommate of old Boss #1's daughter - and DESPITE all that, she is GREAT.  At least I like her!) According to old Boss #1, they kept her because she is willing to work late and I wanted to work 7:30 - 4:00.  So, in short, they liked me so much, they gave me to the other team out of respect to my wishes to work those hours.  

While I was bit shocked at the shuffling of the executives/assistants, I am now DELIGHTED.  I am now free of the mind-numbing, soul-crushing fussiness of Mr. Fussypants Boss #2.  I had an almost mystical, zen-like way with accommodating and working with Mr. Fussypants Boss #2. This man drives everyone to drink that comes in contact with him.  He is not mean or an asshole, he will just KEEP REPEATING HIS VIEW until you comply.  My key to working with him was to just say to myself "Okay, whatever he wants me to do, however he wants me to do it, I will DO IT THAT WAY".  

So many people fell into the bottomless pit of trying to explain why they thought their way was better.  I didn't care about being right, I just did it frickin' his way and all was smooth sailing.  I was his assistant and I would assist him with whatever asinine project he wanted.  My compensation?  I had a happy boss and a happy paycheck.  I just had to laugh at everyone who got all worked up and angry when trying to deal with him.  Why did they waste their time arguing???

Okay - lots of blather there.  My point is - I AM FREEEEEEE of him!!!!!!  He is Jamie Lynn's Problem now.  WHOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!   And I get paid the same!  And I get to work my awesome hours!  

And I have this view from my new desk area:

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I am glad the first drop off went well .. that msut of been hard to come back to "newness" but it sounds like it will all work out for the best ... I love how you call then new girl "jamie lynn"!!!


and ps ... great view!!!